A few highlights:
- As someone who has organized and attended multiple SQLSaturday’s it’s still awesome to see so many first timers at every event.
- Speaker dinner, now with bowling shirt and…bowling! I hadn’t bowled in probably 7 years, was a lot of fun!
- The venue was great, university classrooms work very well.
- I got to hang out with other speakers and the organizers, had many great conversations
- My session on Writing Professional Database Code was standing room only (course I’m sure it’s only because we were in the smallest room, but it is cool nonetheless)
- I was pulled into a Professional Development session – Consulting – The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly with Ted (blog | @onpnt), Hope (blog | @hope_foley) and Josh (blog | @joshuafennessy) – was a lot of fun!
- My wife made the trip – every SQLSaturday I attend either my wife or my son comes with, which is realy cool
Overall I enjoyed the energy event and was glad to meet up with some existing friends and make new ones. Thanks to the great organizer, vendors, other speakers and most importantly the attendees.
My presentation slides as promised: